Sunday, May 9, 2010

"girl's style"

One of the things I've always loved about the hair salon I go to is the availability of Japanese magazines. As silly as this sounds, I always get excited when I have to wait (whether it be for my hairdresser or during a perm) and I have have to entertain myself with the stack of Japanese magazines they leave by my side. This is probably one of the only times I'm happy to wait for something.

Although I do know a little Japanese, I am far from being able to understand everything that is written in the Japanese magazines provided to me. However, they say "a picture paints a thousand words" and the images projected in those magazines have given me ideas on how I should be using items in my wardrobe, or clothing and accessories I've seen in those magazines have made their way onto my mental shopping list.

It was during one of my visits to this Japanese hair salon that I discovered "girl's style". I thought to myself: this is the magazine perfect for fashion lovers that don't know much (or any) Japanese.


"Girl's style" contains image after image of hit Japanese fashion items for that season. There are also pictures of complete outfits along with some street photography to give you ideas on how people are wearing the latest trends. Be it gumboots, leather jackets or boyfriends jeans folded to just above the ankle... I feel I've got a pretty good idea on how to work these items into my outfits, thanks to "girl's style".

No comments:

Post a Comment