Sunday, August 15, 2010

the snow egg

For a blog that is named after food, it's probably strange that none of my posts have been about food or cooking, as one would expect. Well, I finally had a 'petit fours moment' over lunch, where I had that little burst of happiness over a certain dessert.

Those that watched the Master Chef final, would be familiar with The Snow Egg- signature dessert of Quay, a restaurant in Sydney. I had made a reservation at Quay about a month prior to the Snow Egg being featured on Master Chef, as part of my plan to take my sister out for lunch whilst she was visiting me from overseas. So that Friday after the Master Chef final, my sister and I were blessed enough to have a table at Quay to try The Snow Egg (as well as their beautiful entrees and mains).

The moment we spooned that dessert into our mouths, we could feel all the textures coming together to create this harmonious combination of what was smooth, creamy, crunchy and cold. The taste was fresh and light and had us blissfully anticipating the next spoonful of The Snow Egg. After polishing off our respective Snow Eggs, my sister wanted to order another. We didn't try, but would be interested to know if they allow that at Quay...










And of course I have to show you the petit fours!


No comments:

Post a Comment